A Month Before The Move
- Reserve a moving company for your move. Royal Movers ® can also pack up your house for you.
- Contact Royal Movers ® to purchase boxes and necessary packing supplies.
- Start to clean out closets, the garage, attic and basement.
- Host a garage sale or donate your unwanted things to charity.
- Arrange to transfer school records.
- Get change of address cards from your local post office.
- Notify magazines, charge accounts, insurance companies, clubs and all other organizations of your change of address.
- If possible, get owner's manuals for appliances in your new home.
One To Two Weeks Before The Move
- Make a "survival closet" of things you will need for the final clean-up and include a snack for the last day.
- If you decide to pack yourself, label all the boxes as you pack. Write the destination room on the top and sides of each box to ensure it gets to the right place in your new home.
- Schedule disconnects for gas, electric, water and the telephone. Don't disconnect the phone until after your move. Arrange for refunds that are due and schedule connections for your new home.
- Cancel newspapers, cable TV, security, pest control, cleaning help, lawn maintenance and any other services you receive.
The Week Of The Move
- Mail in your change of address forms.
- Clean the stove.
The Day Before The Move
- Clean the refrigerator, then defrost and dry.
- Get enough cash to tide you over.
- Say goodbye to your neighbors!
Loading and Moving Day
Your items are packed and ready to be loaded. The day before moving day, you will be called by Royal Movers to schedule move times and discuss any last minute details.
It is your responsibility to be there on moving day. If you cannot be there, you must designate a person to be present on moving day. Be assured that your items will be loaded and transported by professionally trained service providers experienced in proper loading techniques to minimize damage in transit.
Royal Movers knows how important it is to protect your home, so we use runners and special padding throughout the house to avoid any damage to carpeting, flooring, doorways and molding during the move-out. We will also use stretch wrap or padding to protect upholstered furniture or any other furniture that can cause damage to other items.
Our loading team will load your goods onto the moving truck using strapping if necessary.
It is your responsibility to be present on delivery day.
Find a Company that offers the following:
• GUARANTEED LOWEST PRICES
• Home, Apts, Condos
• Free Protective Furniture - Wrap & Padding on All Items
• Free Usage of Wardrobe Boxes
• Free No Obligation Estimates
• Gun Safes / Hot Tubs
• New Clean 24’ Trucks (GPS)
• Full Line of Boxes & Supplies
• Best Pricing for Michigan Statewide Moving
• Packing Service Available
• Pool Tables / Big Screens
• Expert Piano Moving
• Short Notice / Weekends
• Licensed & Insured For Your Protection
• Any Size Job Welcome